It’s been awhile since I last posted on this blog since there has not really been a new thing in Final Fantasy XIV. Well, at least for me there’s none. I am back and because there is something big coming to FFXIV and that is the new expansion coming on June, 2017. Yeah, I know it is four months from now but as a true FFXIV fan, the hype is real regardless how long I still have to wait. In my experience of playing MMORPG, an announcement of a new expansion also signals for the players to farm the most in-game currency, like gil, that they can.
FFXIV Gil: Info
The new expansion of FFXIV, Stormblood, is coming on June, 2017 and here are some information on what to expect upon release:
- Stormblood will take the players to Ala Mhigo.
- Main focus is to regain control of Ala Mihgo from theGarlean Empire.
- Level cap is increased to 70.
- NewJob: Red Mage (Ranged DPS). Another job possibly hinted at with a Spiderman t-shirt worn by Naoki Yoshida at the 2016 Tokyo Fan Festival. The 2nd confirmed Job is the Samurai (Melee DPS), which was announced at the 2017 Frankfurt Fan Festival.
- End of PlayStation 3 support.
- 20 years have passed since Garleans had control of the region.
- Main antagonist to beZenos Yae Galvus, XIIth Legion Legatus and de facto ruler of Ala Mihgo.
- The main city in Stormblood isRhalgr’s Reach, the headquarters of Ala Migho’s main resistance.
- Warrior of Light’s main job in 4.0 is Monk, similar to DRG for Heavensward.
- More actions for each job to go with new level cap.
- Overhaul of the battle system. Exact details unknown as of yet, but Accuracy is being removed as an idea of what to expect from this overhaul.
- Additional Skill System to be overhauled, with skills shared by roles instead of jobs, and can choose from shared role ability options.
- Reassessment of unused/ineffective actions.
- Adding new UI elements for Jobs.
- Example used is Dragoon’s Blood of theDragoon buff, where in 4.0 an icon/gauge showing how much time is left will be better visible on screen.
- New Areas to be introduced, comparable in size to Heavensward
- Stormblood will be a full standalone game’s worth of content.
- Swimmingand Diving are added.
- NewBeastmen Tribes such as The Ananta who worships Lakshmi, the Lady of Bliss.
- NewPrimals to be introduced, including known names and all-new original-to-FF14 ones.
- NewDungeons to be introduced with new battle and dungeon concepts to be introduced.
- NewHigh-end raid The Bend of Time where players battle Omega. It has different story depending on difficulty, with normal on odd patches, savage on even.
- New24-player raid is called Return to Ivalice. Ivalice is the setting of Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XII and Vagrant Story.
- Expanded form of Exploration to be introduced:The Forbidden Land of Eureka, something different from Diadem and will expand its own entire area, unique to Stormblood. Examples of what might be in here: Notorious Monsters that could only appear once every 72 hours, and the Stormblood “Relic Weapon” quests taking place here as well.
- New Gear and Recipes, including winners of the Fan Gear Design Contest.
- Item Inventory Expansion, looking to increase “as much as humanly possible.”
- A 4th Residential area has been confirmed in 2017’s Frankfurt Fan Festival. It’s name is Shirogane. Though the whereabouts of it’s location is unknown at this time.
- Indications are that Ala Mihgo is crossed via Baelsar’s wall inThe Black Shroud, which will be shown in Patch 3.5.
- Ala Mihgo will not be just deserts and wasteland. Forests are also part of it.
- All areas of 4.0 will be accessible by flying mounts, but there was an indication that it will again by quest-based like in 3.0.
- Changes to Windows version Minimum Specs requirements; Current minimum specs are geared towards components you can’t even buy anymore. “If possible, please upgrade to a 64-bit OS” but they will still support 32-bit. They just suggest 64-bit will be best gaming experience.
- They’ve been examining numbers and have seen a large migration of PS3 to PS4 so they have decided it is the right time to end PS3 support. To show appreciation to their PS3 fans that helped them get to where they are now, there will be a special FREE upgrade campaign for players who own the game on PS3, so they can get the game for free on PS4.
- 2017’s Frankfurt Fan Festival introduced two new major towns. A new player hub: the port city ofKugane and the town of Doma
Now everything’s revealed to us, what is your game plan so you can dominate the new expansion in June? Have you finished all your progression and got your BiS gear already? I hope you do cause June is just around the corner!